Signage Good Landmarks For Road Tripping


I have never truly appreciated signage until recently when I went to my best friend's place alone for the first time. She asked me to be one the godparents to her first daughter. In spite of my doubts, I agreed, since it is not right to deny a child, who we consider an angel, such right for our parenthood. I was suppose to go with our other friends who were also asked to be godparents. However, on the day of my godchild's baptism, they were unable to go because their bosses refuse to give them an emergency leave. So I went alone with a mixed feeling of adventure and fear. I have no sense of direction. I get lost all the time even in my own city or even in the same mall. So how am suppose to survive? 


Armed with my smartphone's GPS or Global Positioning System I went alone. I googled the address first for directions and checked for the best route and mode of transportation. I was not confident in driving my car to her place so I decided to take the bus instead. It is a good thing that I remembered the landmarks to her place which happens to be a huge Olympian model stone monument sign that bears the name of their subdivision. There were also lamp posts to every street in the subdivision. I also asked almost everyone I meet where the church is. I breathe a sigh of relief when I saw the church where my would-be goddaughter will be christened to be a part of the Christian world. 


I was wrong to say that I have no sense of direction. Perhaps if its not for my smartphone, the sign posts and the landmarks I would not have found my way. That adventure had taught me to be more self reliant. It also gave me a sense of pride to know that I was able to survive being lost again.

No comments: